With the ever growing population of creative people, businesses and services in Loveland,Colorado, it is critical that the spaces and buildings fit the purposes and showcase the products. The Office of Creative Sector Development will assist with identifying new opportunities and leverage existing infrastructure and necessary resources to foster support for the creative sector. This will include acting as an information resource and liaison for artists, creative business owners and organizations seeking space for studios, offices, galleries, training, networking, site expansion and performance to the City of Loveland and to the private sector.
Action Plan items:
- Working with the city and private partners to expand existing infrastructure such as the Rialto Bridge project, Loveland Museum and Gallery expansion, ArtSpace development and to develop new arts related venues such as additional sculpture parks, performing arts center
- Developing innovative programs which provide assistance to emerging artists and art related businesses to locate in downtown and throughout Loveland for the purpose of assisting in redevelopment of those areas and increasing sales tax revenue.
- Helping existing companies with expansion projects and assist new companies and artists in finding appropriate work and sales space
- Create a centralized work space for the OCSD to serve as a resource center for arts-related business development and retention of existing ones
- Create an arts incubator specializing in business assistance and entrepreneurship training
ArtSpace, under contract with the City of Loveland to build affordable live/work and community space, goal to open facility early 2014
Rialto Theater Center home page, historic theater and performance venue
Rialto Theater Center updates, expansion and renovation of Rialto Theater, will include green room space, renovations of existing theater, addition of commercial and community space, set to open early 2012
Business support services/art installations at the newly renovated Public Library